Our company EthioCo Ltd in Hamburg/Germany and Fair Coffee EthioCo Cooperative Ltd in Addis Ababa/Ethiopia is trading with best quality green coffee. We work in the district of Yirgacheffee as cooperative. EthioCo is not only heavily engaged in the world of green Coffee but also supports local social projects to improve the living standard of the farmers. In this way we contribute to obtain sustainable and profitable economic growth in Ethiopia.
Fair Coffee Trading
Fair Coffee EthioCo Cooperative Ltd Addis Ababa is cooperating directly with Ethiopian coffee farmers mainly working in Yirgacheffee district. Strictly based on Fair Trade rules we source speciality coffees of highest qualities.
We deliver insight into our social projects. Transparent concepts for schools and learning programmes will be supported in their realisation.
Fair trading contributes to optimising medical care in rural areas, also helps establish and support counselling and awareness campaigns.
The goals of Fair Coffee Trading:
- Agricultural advisory for improved quality and productivity
- Secured income for coffee farmers
- Support in improving capabilities and performance
Creating more job opportunities
- Ensuring of top qualities by better working standards
- Saving natural resources
Qaulity and Management
In procurement we not only pay attention to the origin and quality of the coffee but also to the people who let grow and do harvest these special types of coffee.
The coffee farmers will be paid consistently and fairly. So an improved living standard is possible for them and their families. Perspectively more jobs can be offered in Ethiopia.
The realisation will be assured by:
- Coordinated quality controls according to customer requirements
- Profound product and market research
- Training and seminars for roaster customers
- Chemical analysis which can be performed on customer request
- Membership in the German Coffee Association (DKV)
- Our coffees are certified according to European standards